Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Life at This Time

So much is going on in my small world, those I know in the area I live seems a death monthly
and many of those who write online have sorrowful things happening at this time

You wonder at times whether to keep sharing or stop.   With me, writing my thoughts
on the computer helps me and maybe might help someone else.   If no one reads or comments
it is helpful for me to write.  When I have thoughts of stopping I am urged on by many
keep writing it is good for you.

What I am experiencing at this time is nothing compared to others who share and some I know.
 we each go through much personally it is our personal battle and sometimes many choices
we may have to make.   I love my isolated cottage by the woods and this is where I want
to stay and I belong as long as I now have some help.   So thankful for those who drop in and Callie always alerts me
they are approaching down the long gravel drive, I think it pleases her also :)

Cold, snow and now rainy days and want to drive but  still not comfortable
so will wait for awhile.  I will know and no there as of yet.

I smile at a phone call just received from a young school boy I know, he has helped me in
the past with outdoor chores, he asked is there anything he could help me do as he is now
getting out of school early?

Now this an answer to prayer
as he can go to grocery with me, bring items up the stairs to the pantry and keep my bird
feeders filled (a must for this one as she looks out the big glass windows)

So many needs being filled and this one is truly sorry that when busy children call
she shares too many details and their lives are full to the top with their work and families.

My children and grandchildren have always seen me super busy, going nonstop
and independent, now it is not that way and may not return to the way it was in the past.

Therapy for 2 more weeks and oh how I enjoy them coming, going and their smiles
and encouragement.

Today cleaning drawers, came across some stationery I had made in the past.

Many homes I have lived in and sometimes  made stationery
I smile at a small card my Laurie had made for me 20 years ago
with the statement
Home and Garden Consultant....

So many wonderful memories I have in my heart




10 comments:

Rebecca said...

How wonderful to have a young man call and offer help! And good for you, taking advantage of hi offer. Good for BOTH of you....♥

Tabor said...

Life is the ability to cherish memories and to dwell on the good parts of a long life. Nothing wrong with that. Yes elders tend to look back more and this may bore younger folks, but they also will be in the same place someday. Glad you have help, because you must be careful of your balance and health. Wonderful to have a young man around!

lil red hen said...

Ernestine, I appreciate so much the kind words you leave for me. Blogging is almost a chore for me; the tremor in my left hand makes it difficult to type and to work on my quilting. With help you will be able to stay in your "little house in the big woods" where you find so much happiness. I'm still able to do work on the farm but I don't want to keep raising chickens until I can't do anything else. :) Take care ~ sunshine and spring flowers will be here before we know it.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Dear Ernestine ~ I am so glad to read that you are having some help there at your cottage in the woods. What a sweet young man to call and offer his help.

Love, hugs & prayers ~ FlowerLady

Judy said...

It doesn't take much to make us smile and keep us happy--even with our aches and pains.
Nice to have a young man to help and also to talk with. I love talking with young people--they have such differences in the high school years, than we did.

Found In Folsom said...

Been a long time I have been to this space. I am glad to hear that things are well with you. I hope and wish the coming days bring more sun shine and warmth and more people around :) How our life changes from one form to another....

Marcie said...

Love the homemade cards and the "Home and Garden Consultant" business card. As I have said in the past, glad that you continue to write. I look forward to your posts and read them all, though sometimes I do not comment.

Joared said...

Glad you have help since eventually we all need some assistance if we want to successfully remain "living in place" as is my goal. Your flowers and garden looks lovely.

Patricia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Patricia said...

Dear Sister,
I have just stumbled upon your blog. I am really inspired.
Please keep writing whenever you can.
May God bless you always. Patricia